I am currently in the process of dismantling my studio altar (I cannot seem to work without some element of the sacred hanging about, getting in the way ). I’m doing so because after much discussion, angst, some conflict and eventually, mutual agreement, David and I have decided to stay in Los Angeles, claiming it as our home…for now.
So much so, we are trying to close on a very sweet little house on Mt.Washington; if the gods (and the bankers) are willing we should close soon.
As I am departing for Philadelphia on Independence Day ( how perfect is that?) and will be away for six weeks I am in the throes of some serious packing-thus far seventy-two packing boxes containing my books alone. This move, if all goes well, has its advantages: the house is far prettier, has a view and it will be OURS; but also disadvantages, namely it is teeny. I will need to secure studio space outside of my home, something I have only done once.
So much seems up in the air, undecided and unclear: full time schooling at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts versus yearly pilgrimages to Philadelphia, taking continuing education classes for the summer. The classes are wonderful but it isn’t the same immersive experience I had hoped for ( and dreaded). Decisions must be made, I’m hoping my upcoming summer critique program will give me some clarity. My angst is, at least superficially, the two year separation from David and the beasties. Much to contemplate.
Just when I think I have a plan, all is radically altered. All I know at the present is that I must pack and hopefully squeeze in a little studio time…without the Holy Ones.
Until next time,